Image Map

3/17/2013

I found SCENTOS and Sunday Dinner


Sorry, I can't get the pic to rotate.
I had to buy printer paper today so I made a quick run to Wal-Mart.  While I was there, I decided to look around for Scentos Markers.  I found them!  They had singles for $1!  I've seen a few blogger posts about them and thought they sounded pretty cool.  I know testing season is upon me and that means STAAR passages BOOTCAMP at my school. Well, I figure a passing score written in smelly marker might motivate some students!  Of course, I also grabbed some Spring and Eastery items while I was there.

My homeroom needs a lot of re-direction for "talking".  So, for the rest of the month, every day they end on "green" or better on my clipchart, they get to pick an egg out of my basket.  Inside the eggs are assorted items - candy, erasers, the stretchy bunnies and even some cute fuzzy bunny stickers.

Update: June 2013
I really wanted to do a Linky Party this summer called Sunday Dinner because I cook pretty much every night during the summer.  Well, Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road started this foodie linky and today I'm going back to link up my Aunt Glenda's Crock-Pot Roast.
SUNDAY DINNER
Do you ever need a quick recipe that you can throw together in a crock pot and it tastes great by the time you get home from work?  I've got one for you!  DISCLAIMER: This recipe does include beer, but the alcohol cooks out.  I make it atleast once a month.
Aunt Glenda's Crock-Pot Roast 
Ingredients:
Au Jus Dip
Onion Soup Mix
1 Beer per 1.5lbs. (if I make a 2.3lb. roast then I put 2 cans in)
1 Can of Water per 1.5 lbs.
Baby Carrots
6 Potatoes (cut into 1/4's)
1.5 - 3lb. Roast (I normally buy a 3lb. roast so we can have roast sandwiches the next day)

First, Put the Au Jus, Onion Soup, Beer and Water inside the Crock Pot and Stir until the Powder Dissolves.
Next, add Potatoes, Carrots and (unfrozen) Roast.
Finally, cook 4 hours on High and 4-6 hours on low.  
I forgot to take a pic of the final roast:((  But it was YUMMY!  The sandwiches the next day were even BETTER!!


4 comments :

Unknown said...

Love the freebie! Love the blog! Your piggies are just so cute!! My blog is also pigs. My classroom is decorated in pigs!


Teresa

2nd Grade Pig Pen

Aimee V. said...

Sounds delicious! I love pot roast with carrots and potatoes!!! I'll have to try this recipe!!

Aimee
aimee@vanmiddlesworth.org
Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks

DFrideley said...

Teresa,
I picked this blog design due to my love for Miss Piggy and I do love these piggies!

Aimee,
You will NOT regret making this roast, I promise. It is very tender. I buy a shoulder roast.

Christy said...

Thank you so much for linking up! Family favorites and crock pot recipes are the best!!

Christy
Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road